Cranberry is the focus of many medical research projects. Its ability to improve urinary tract health is well known, besides a host of other benefits. A delicious muffin recipe involving cranberries is presented here for our readers.
Ingredients:2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup sugar
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
100 grams butter
1/2 cup milk
Directions:1. Combine dry ingredients and add cranberries and nuts.
2. Mix melted butter, milk and egg; pour this mixture into dry ingredients.
3. Fold together, being careful not to over-mix.
4. Bake in moderate oven (When cooked, muffins should spring back when pressed).
• Combine ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup flour, 1 tsp cinnamon and 25 grams butter. Sprinkle over muffins BEFORE cooking
• Add lemon zest to the muffin mixture and when muffins are cooked, cool for 3-4 minutes then brush with lemon glaze (juice of 1 or 2 lemons and ¼ cup sugar).
• Mix coarsely-chopped cranberries with blueberries for a colourful muffin.
(Kindly submitted by Marj Allan, Cranberries Westland)
Please try this recipe and send us your feedback and/or your recipes that you would like to share with the readers, emailing us at email@example.com Thanks and enjoy!